Monday, October 30, 2006

a miracle?

I just got back from Coronation hospital. I'm a bit nervous to say it, but Nothando is actually doing better! Thank you for your prayers... There is absolutely no other explanation for this. Keep praying... she has a very, very, very long fight still ahead of her. I am in such shock. I mean, her breathing has been so labored that I was convinced she had broken some ribs and collapsed a lung. I tried breathing like that, and I couldn't keep it up for more than 10 seconds. Meanwhile, this tiny disease-filled skeleton of a person has been doing it for days. And she has been fighting since the minute she was born. I know the Lord is holding her in His hands. I need to understand that a little more. She is in His hands... which means it's okay if He takes her. Nevertheless, I'm still praying for miracles, and I hope you will join me.
As for Joel, he is in need of your prayers very much, as well. The doctors have verified that he does, in fact, have the drug-resistant form of TB. Please pray for this frail 12-yr old boy...that he will be comforted, and that the doctors will be able to quickly locate which chemical he is resistant to... so that they will still be able to help him.
I'll try to update you on my life a little bit more, but to sum it up: I never would have ever thought I'd be facing the issues I've faced in the last week.... How strange it is that the words "AIDS, TB, riot, pneumonia, death, poverty, and wealth" are now common in my vocabulary.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

miracles can happen. The fight in those children is unreal! Always prayin for Sparrow
Michael

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home