Wednesday, October 25, 2006

URGENT PRAYER REQUEST

PLEASE PRAY FOR NOTHANDO! (pronounced NOH-TAHN-DOE)

If you've read the below journal "Joys and Sorrows," then you know who Nothando is. Yesterday she was taken to the hospital (Coronation, the same place where Joel and another little baby are). We went to visit them, and I went straight to find Nothando, my baby. She is doing horribly. She can't even cry anymore... or lift her little arms up to be held. She just stares.... whimpers a bit. Among her many problems (all stemming from her VERY low cell count), she has a tumor inside her lower lip, which they have to give her medicine for. It's always a toss up with these little ones as to whether the medicines will kill them or make them stronger. I don't know how much fight she has left.
I couldn't stop crying, as I walked around the room with her in my arms. I felt like an idiot, because the room was full of mothers sitting by their dying babies... not one of them crying. Everyone stared at me, for numerous reasons, I'm sure. Corine (the director, who had driven us to the hospital) drove back to Sparrow, while I held Nothando, to bring her mother to the hospital because Corine "had a bad feeling" about Nothando making it through the night.
I am begging you to pray for this little one. We call prayer chains for broken legs and illness; I am asking you to all pray for a miracle for my baby-- for Nothando's life to be saved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home