Monday, November 20, 2006

You are my hiding place

As time goes by, there is really too much to say. Things here are getting very overwhelming... and there is nowhere to find relief. Thus, this week I have been forced to rely on God more than ever. I've cried with Him, talked with Him, walked with Him. It is so much nicer than doing it on my own. So, while life gets more difficult every day... He comforts me.
I am also comforted in knowing that I am right where I'm supposed to be. No matter how frustrating things get, there is no doubt in my mind that this is exactly where God wants me. That is extremely encouraging. I can actually see how my whole life has led me to this moment... especially my experiences in the last few years. Living in Australia, being a summer camp counselor, working at an inner city Chicago high school... it is unbelievable how things have tied together... and how God has trained me and prepared my heart. I really think that's what life is: A succession of purposeful and intentional events, as long as we are allowing ourselves to be used by God. In the insane jigsaw of my life, things are actually fitting together. I wonder what the picture of my life will look like when the puzzle is complete. (I pray it's the face of Christ)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Stacy!!! I've been praying for you and thinking about you a lot as you're away from home at the holiday sesason. My little sister just emailed afer returning to Kampala. She had been in Kumi for 3 1/2 weeks living in a small compound/hut there. She's been so broken through this whole experience, and it sounds that your experience is much the same. I know God is creating such a huge heart in you. Keep on keepin on! Love you and miss you! --morgan

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home