Wednesday, March 03, 2010

A New Approach

March 16th will mark 6 months of world travel. [Since I'll be forging the Antarctic seas at that time, I'll go ahead and do this now.] Time has definitely crept up on me... which could also be observed in my last post entitled "quarterly"... where I didn't realize that I was actually already 1/3 of the way through my trip! I have done just about as much as a human could possibly do during this time-- which is why it has gone SO fast. Though there have been ups and downs (and craziness all in between), I really do not think I would have changed a single thing so far.

So you're probably wondering, "Why the new approach?" Well... While my experiences have been amazing, my journaling has definitely been lacking! My camera bag has not left my side, but I have (unfortunately) rarely picked up a pen or pencil. The primary reason for this is that I am never willing to sacrifice experience for documentation. [This means I only do it when there is nothing better going on... which isn't often.] A secondary reason for this is that I didn't want to post my private journals-- I wanted to have 2 separate ones... a private journal and a public blog... PLUS, I wanted to make videos of each country I visited. [And did I mention I'm working on a book, too!?] Needless to say, that was so overwhelming that I haven't managed to do well at any one part of it!

On the other hand, some of you did not expect to hear from me at all, because I said that I was wanting to fall off the radar... and that you might not hear from me online or otherwise for a year. Not only was that disappointing for people who care about me and want to "track" my adventures, but I was also cheating myself out of quick and easy ways to record my experiences.
So here is my solution:

A few short and sweet summaries in a few different places...

1. THE BLOG [http://stacybeery.blogspot.com]
I'll be posting my TOP TEN PHOTOS from each country to this blogspot.
-Hard to narrow down-- but much easier and faster than short films... which I still hope to make (but might not be until my traveling is done).
-These are just my fave pictures (from a photography & content standpoint)-- not necessarily the best summation of the country... I'll leave that for the videos.
I'll be posting a TOP TEN THINGS (11 minus 1) about each country to this blogspot.
-This will be the good, the bad, and the ugly about each country (based on my encounters).
-May or may not have accompanying photos.
I'll be posting some SELF-PORTRAITS from each country to this blogspot.
-I really hate this part, but all I hear are requests for more photos of myself... so here ya go!

2. THE TWITTER [http://twitter.com/StacyLeighBeery]
I'll be posting 1-or 2-liner UPDATES on random every-day experiences to twitter.
-Won't be able to 'tweet' every day, but I'll do my best! And yes, it will be random... very random.

3. THE FACEBOOK [http://www.facebook.com/StacyBeery]
I will use my facebook as a NOTIFICATION of when I have updated my blogspot.
-Other than that, most of the content on my facebook is just what other people post. [In fact, nearly all of my photos were posted by other people.]
-I basically just use it right now to get in touch with people/ make new friends around the world.
-Oh, and I try to keep my "current city" current... In case you're wondering where I am.

COMING SOON TO A COMPUTER NEAR YOU!

[We'll see how I do with the second half of this trip... I may have to come up with yet another approach...]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home